Vendor-Managed Inventory System
A Vendor-Managed Inventory (VMI) program is designed to take the delays and risk out of ordering parts so you can focus on running your business. Olander’s dedicated VMI customer service team will ensure that you have the fasteners you need, where you need them, so you can focus on an optimal production for your business.
Olander has been managing customers’ inventory for over 25 years. We tailor our vendor inventory management program to each client’s unique business needs and can reform your process as those needs evolve over time. Whether you require a set of bins to be regularly replenished or a vending machine with a greater variety of options, we can completely customize a Vendor-Managed Inventory system that works best for your production line — and your bottom line.
It’s easy to get started with an Olander VMI (Vendor-Managed Inventory) program. Your dedicated Olander Business Development Manager and VMI Business Manager will work with you to gain a clear understanding of your business. Together, you will agree on an initial list of items and usages, to ensure adequate stocking levels and regular replenishments. As your VMI program matures, Olander will update and refine this initial list so you always have the parts you need — and nothing you don’t. Our VMI customer service team will install racks and bins at your location as needed to hold your products as they are delivered from Olander. Quantities can be adjusted effortlessly, according to your usage. This is a living process, and the team at Olander will regularly provide you with meaningful, real-time data on any items trending higher or lower than expected. The team will make recommendations to adjust to your current needs and manage your inventory and par levels.
When you select a tailored Vendor-Managed Inventory system with Olander, you’ll set your business up for success. Our fastener experts will help you manage your inventory in the following ways:
- Optimize production by eliminating unnecessary hardware in your inventory, allowing faster assembly
- Reduce your inventory costs by only ordering what you need, and continuously evaluating those needs
- Reduce the floor space you need for inventory by organizing your products in dedicated bins and vending machines
- Consolidate your vendor base by offering the widest variety of fasteners and hardware, optimizing your supply chain
- Maximize your inventory turns by monitoring inventory levels and delivering your parts on time and in advance